ABA Small Business Banker Certificate
The ABA Small Business Banker Certificate is primarily for branch managers and branch-based small business bankers who need the skills to build a relationship-centric sales approach, engage business customers to better understand their needs and appropriate solutions, handle objections, plan and execute the perfect sales call, and manage relationships post-sale. These bankers typically do not make credit decisions.
This curriculum provides small business bankers with a strategic approach to building trusted relationships with business customers as a means to retain and grow their book of business. It focuses on the process needed to identify sales prospects, offer value-added solutions, and close the deal.
You must complete the following courses:
- Banking Today or Principles of Banking
- Calling on Small Business Customers
- Credit Products for Small Businesses
- Deposit Products and Services for Small Businesses
- Fundamentals of Small Business Banking
- Introduction to Analyzing Financial Statements
- Personal Tax Return Analysis
- Relationship Selling to Small Business Customers
- Retirement Products for Small Businesses
- Servicing and Growing Small Business Relationships
- Small Business Borrowing
The estimated time to complete these 11 courses is approximately 19 hours. Students have access to the curriculum for 1 year from date of purchase.
*ABA Principles of Banking may be substituted.