Designed specifically for financial institutions, this comprehensive guide from ABA offers practical steps and resources for developing and implementing a customized bank succession plan. Through scenarios and customizable materials, the guide helps human resources and senior management identify potential internal candidates to fill key leadership positions, as well as the development opportunities that will help them succeed.
Use the entire guide, or work through the sections and scenarios that meet your bank’s specific needs.
1. Introduction to the Succession Planning Process
2. CEO and C-Suite Succession Planning
3. Manager-level Succession Planning
4. Board Succession Planning
5. Documenting and Monitoring your Succession Plan
Customizable charts, printable resources and communication tools include:
– A point-based questionnaire to assess organizational readiness for succession planning
– A budget worksheet to help plan the cost of planning, recruiting, assessment and training
– A tool to assess candidates based on past performance and future potential
– A profile development guide with factors to consider around a candidate’s competencies, skills, and experience