Reg Z Open-End Credit for Compliance Professionals
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Reviews the open-end portion of Regulation Z, including history, purpose, coverage, and disclosures. Explains rules relating to billing errors, crediting payments, credit balances, and advertising.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the history and purpose of Regulation Z
- Identify credit transactions covered under Regulation Z
- Explain disclosure requirements for applications and solicitations, account opening, change in terms, periodic statements, and other subsequent disclosures
- Describe requirements for billing error resolution, crediting of payments, and treatment of credit balances
- Explain advertising rules for HELOCs, not home secured transactions, and marketing to college students
Audience: Compliance professionals including compliance managers, officers, and other compliance team members whose primary role is within the compliance function at their financial institution; bank examiners, bank regulators, auditors and lending compliance professionals.