Personal Tax Return Analysis
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Explains how to analyze tax returns to determine a projected income and explores income trends, recurring versus non-recurring income, and how tax returns can be used as a sales tool.
What You’ll Learn
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify income trends and non-recurring situations used in analysis, as well as cross-sell opportunities
- Analyze wage and tip income including the non-cash and pre-tax benefits associated with the source of income
- Analyze taxable and non-taxable interest and dividend income
- Describe and calculate the source of income information on Schedule C, capital gains and losses, and limited partnership income
- Differentiate the areas on Schedule E and calculate rental income
Audience: Bank personnel who are in a position to use personal tax returns from clients for lending analysis.