Operational Risk Model Management
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Covers the importance of building and maintaining a strong risk model management framework and the principles of model development. Explains conducting the model validation and how to validate results. Explores types of model controls, maintaining appropriate change controls and how documentation supports an effective model risk framework.
What You’ll Learn
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the guidance available on model risk management and the role of the board in model risk policy and oversight
- Describe the types of models that are covered under model risk management guidance
- Identify areas of a financial institution where models are typically found and information that should be included in an inventory of models
- Recognize the factors that should be considered when assessing model risk
- Describe the principles of model development and training that should be provided prior to model implementation
Audience: Risk and internal audit professionals; third-party service providers and state/federal examiners; first-line risk and operations managers with responsibilities for operational risk management, including implementing, managing, monitoring, reporting, auditing and/or supporting an effective operational risk management program, policies and procedures.