Introduction to Estate Planning
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Covers tax implications for grantor and charitable trusts and the concepts of gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer taxes. Presents special rules for taxes, ways to minimize taxes, and how to calculate gift and estate taxes. Explains advantages and disadvantages of making lifetime gifts, and estate planning with the marital deduction.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define basic terms
- Explain how trusts are taxed
- Minimize transfer taxes
- Calculate gift and estate taxes
- Describe why estate planning is important
- Identify considerations when developing an estate plan
- Use the marital deduction to maximize estate planning
Audience: Trust department and other bank staff who are new to the trust business and want to develop a basic working knowledge of trust administration. No prior knowledge of the subject is required.