Fundamentals of Alternative Investment Products
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Explains types of real estate investments and how they are valued. Explores options, futures and forward contracts, and swap agreements. Describes common trust funds. Explains general and limited partnerships, and ways to identify the characteristics of closely held corporations.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe alternative types of investments to clients, including the following:
- Hedge Funds
- Private equity
- Real Estate
- Describe derivatives to clients, including the following:
- Futures and forward contracts
- Describe alternative investment formats to clients, including the following:
- Common trust funds
- Closely held corporations
Audience: Trust officers with at least three years of personal trust experience who need a deeper understanding of technical trust concepts and how solutions work when applied to client needs.