Economics and Markets
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Explains the macro-economic forces that affect financial markets and investment portfolios enabling advisors to have a deeper conversation about these topics with clients. Introduces the important relationship between interest rates and inflation, and explores the causes and effects of inflation and how inflation is measured.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the relationships between macro-economic forces and financial markets
- Explain how the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) affects the business cycle
- Describe how changes in interest rates affect financial markets and investors
- Describe how inflation affects GDP and investor buying decisions
- Distinguish between the government’s fiscal policy and the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy
Audience: Trust officers with at least three years of personal trust experience who need a deeper understanding of technical trust concepts and how solutions work when applied to client needs.