ABA Certificate in Trust: Foundational
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Strengthen or establish your understanding of basic wealth management and trust principles, either online or in-person. Either option provides an introduction to estate planning, trust administration, investment management concepts, and ethical behavior. For those wishing to earn the CTFA designation, the ABA Certificate in Trust: Foundational satisfies the first of three levels of study required to sit for the exam.
You must complete the following courses:
- A Guide to Ethics in Fiduciary and Trust Activities
- A Guide to Ethics in Investments
- Estate and Guardian Administration
- Introduction to Estate Planning
- Introduction to Investment Management
- Introduction to IRAs
- Introduction to Planning for Retirement Assets
- Introduction to Trust Administration
- Minimizing Fiduciary Risk and Litigation
The estimated time to complete the 9 required courses is approximately 10 hours.