ABA Personal Banker Certificate
The ABA Personal Banker Certificate provides a blend of banking knowledge and skills for Personal Bankers, sometimes referred to as Financial Services Representatives or Financial Services Associates, to enable them to provide full-service banking to customers by offering appropriate credit, deposit, and other banking services that meet customer needs and expectations.
Personal Bankers often drive the sales and service function in the bank office or branch, and call on potential and current customers to develop new business relationships and to support customer retention strategies. They require broad product knowledge, including specific understanding of the different types of retail deposit and loan products, all of which are covered in this curriculum.
You must complete the following courses:
- Banking Today or Principles of Banking
- Building and Retaining Customer Relationships
- Consumer Credit Products
- Cross-Selling Deposit Products
- Dealing Effectively with Co-Workers
- Effective Client Referrals
- Effective Written Communication
- Ethical Issues for Bankers
- Fundamentals of Consumer Lending
- Fundamentals of Small Business Banking
- Introduction to Relationship Selling
- Introduction to Analyzing Financial Statements
- Managing Time at Work
- Understanding Bank Products
The estimated time to complete these 14 courses is approximately 43 hours. Students have access to the curriculum for 1 year from date of purchase.
*ABA Principles of Banking may be substituted.