The; ABA Certificate in Business and Commercial Lending; explores what to look for when analyzing business and personal financial statements and tax returns. The certificate includes three new courses CRE Cash Flow and Cap Rates, Treasury Management and Effective Commercial Loan Write-Upsas well as critical new topics on CRE, fraud, BSA/AML and asset-based lending.
After completing this comprehensive series, you will have an in-depth understanding of business sectors, legal structures and why businesses borrow, and be ready to bring in new, qualified business to the bank. Pre and post-tests allow seasoned lenders to test out.
Two options are available to suit your learning style.
Option 1: Self-Paced Training
You must complete the following list of individual courses and suites. Students have access to the curriculum for 1 year from date of purchase. The estimated time to complete these courses is approximately 34 hours.
- NEW: Effective Commercial Loan Write-ups
- NEW: Treasury Management
- Understanding Business Borrowers Suite;(5 courses)
- Business Sectors and Operating Cycles
- Why Businesses Borrow
- Business Legal Structures and Life Cycles
- Introduction to Business Financial Statements
- How Business Financial Statements are Constructed
- Analyzing Business Financial Statements and Tax Returns Suite;(7 courses)
- Income Statement Analysis
- Balance Sheet Analysis
- Ratio Analysis
- Cash Flow Analysis
- The UCA Model
- Cash Budgets and Pro Forma Statements
- NEW: CRE Cash Flow and Cap Rates
- Analyzing Personal Financial Statements and Tax Returns Suite;(4 courses)
- Types of Personal Financial Statements
- Key Ratios and Adjusted Net Worth
- Personal Tax Returns and Cash Flow
- Combining Business and Personal Cash Flow into Global Cash Flow
- Qualitative Analysis and Determining a Credit Risk Rating Suite;(4 courses)
- The Commercial Lending Process and Initial Business Development Calls
- Credit Investigation and Assessing Nonfinancial Risk
- Loan Policies and Procedure, Including Credit Risk Ratings
- Overview of Loan Packages and Annual Reviews
- Loan Structuring, Documentation, Pricing and Problem Loans Suite;(5 courses)
- Commercial Loan Structuring
- Identifying Viable Secondary and Tertiary Sources of Repayment
- Key Documents, Loan Agreements and Covenants
- Loan Pricing and Negotiations
- Problem Loans
Option 2: Facilitated Online Training
You may also earn this certificate by completing the following two facilitated courses. Estimated training time is 3-5 hours per week, per course. Students have access to this curriculum for 1 year from date of purchase. Start dates for each of the two facilitated courses vary, and may be selected when registering.