Types of Insurance
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Course describes homeowners insurance, homeowners liability, and homeowners medical payment coverages. Covers floaters and endorsements and describes the purpose of umbrella policies, and the features of comprehensive personal liability policies. Explains who needs business liability policies, and describes the elements of professional liability policies. Explores the options available in employer-provided medical insurance, and explains the government-provided medical insurance plans. Explains how to identify individuals that should consider critical illness insurance and describes providers of disability income insurance coverage, and explains the different policy riders. Discusses the features of long-term care insurance and tax-qualified LTC policies and describes factors that are included when assessing risk in property insurance needs and liability, medical, and disability insurance coverages.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the features of homeowners insurance
- Explain the various types of liability insurance
- Describe the medical insurance options available to clients
- Identify the providers and optional riders offered with disability income insurance
- Explain long term care insurance and the policies recommended
- Assess the type and amount of insurance necessary to manage client risk
Audience: Trust officers with at least three years of personal trust experience who need a deeper understanding of technical trust concepts and how solutions work when applied to client needs.