Course Number: ABA
Course Code: n/a
Learn basic trust concepts, such as trust requirements, roles and responsibilities of the trust parties, common components of trust agreements, types of trust assets, how titling of assets affects ownership, and the duties and powers of the trustee.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the requirements for a trust and the roles and responsibilities of trust parties
- Identify common components for trust agreements
- Describe common types of trusts and the advantages of trusts
- Identify the types of trust assets and how titling of assets affects ownership
- Identify duties of the trustee under state law
Audience: Client-facing relationship managers (fiduciary advisors, portfolio managers, bankers, planners) who want to raise their client engagement acumen.