Reg Z Credit Cards
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Includes the key provisions of the CARD Act and how it protects consumers from unexpected interest charges. Requires that consumers receive a reasonable amount of time to make their credit card payments, enhances required disclosures, and allows consumers to access credit on terms that are fair and more easily understood.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the key points in the credit card account rule
- Examine the restrictions of interest rate increases
- Examine the limitations set on fees and penalty interest
- Identify the reasonable due date rules for payment deadlines
- Identify requirements for periodic statement disclosures.
Audience: Consumer Lenders, Call Center Representatives and CSRs at banks that offer consumer credit cards.
Prerequisites: The Reg Z Overview course must be taken at least once before any other Reg Z course is attempted.