Reg Z Advertising
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Defines the meaning of “advertisement” under Regulation Z, the meaning of “triggering terms” and discusses the types of disclosures required in various types of loan advertising, including credit cards, mortgages and private higher education loans.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe general advertising rules that comply with Regulation Z
- Explain advertising requirements for closed-end credit
- Explain special rules for closed-end credit advertising for loans secured by a dwelling
- Explain advertising requirements for open-end credit
- Explain special rules for open-end credit advertising for loans secured by a dwelling
- Identify the special rules that apply to advertising mortgages, private higher education loans, and credit cards
Audience: Branch staff or anyone responsible for bank advertising, including white board signage, website, rate sheets, rate boards, and credit brochures.