Reg Z Advertising for Marketers
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act) is intended to help consumers to make informed decisions about credit and how to manage their credit. This course covers the Regulation Z provisions that apply to consumer credit advertisements and explains how certain terms, like interest rates, must be disclosed and which terms, if included in an advertisement, trigger additional disclosures. It also describes specific requirements for loans, such as credit cards, mortgages and private higher education loans.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe general advertising rules that comply with Regulation Z
- Explain advertising requirements for closed-end credit
- Explain special rules for closed-end credit advertising for loans secured by a dwelling
- Explain advertising requirements for open-end credit
- Explain special rules for open-end credit advertising for loans secured by a dwelling
- Identify the special rules that apply to advertising mortgages, private higher education loans, and credit cards
Audience: Branch staff or anyone responsible for bank advertising, including consumer credit advertisements.