Reg Z Advertising for Marketers
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act) is intended to help consumers to make informed decisions about credit and to manage their credit. This course covers the Regulation Z provisions that apply to consumer credit advertisements. It explains how certain terms like interest rates must be disclosed and which terms, if included in an advertisement, trigger additional disclosures. It also describes specific requirements for loans such as credit cards, mortgages, and private education loans.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Regulation Z general advertising rules
- Identify advertising requirements for closed-end credit
- Define special rules for closed-end credit advertising for dwelling secured loans
- Explain advertising requirements for open-end credit
- Examine special rules for open-end credit advertising for dwelling secured loans
- Recognize the special rules that apply to advertising mortgages, private education loans, and credit cards
Audience: Branch staff or anyone responsible for bank advertising, including consumer credit advertisements.