Mastering the Art of Inquiry
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Covers the “How to” practicum to raise advisors competency and comfort with asking meaningful, probing questions, and let responses guide subsequent questions in order to understand all aspects of prospect or client’s financial life and all vectors, and how to do so in a natural, conversational manner.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and value of inquiry
- Ask difficult questions and navigate necessary yet uncomfortable conversations with clients
- Ask and follow up on different types of questions to deepen knowledge about clients
- Examine the qualities and characteristics of effective inquiry for meaningful exchanges of information with clients
- Explore additional techniques and do’s and don’ts to enhance inquiry skills
Audience: Client-facing wealth advisors (fiduciary [trust] advisors, portfolio managers, bankers, planners) with at least one year of wealth management-related experience who want to enhance their client engagement acumen by using their natural curiosity to deepen relationships.