Introduction to Fiduciary Risk Management and Compliance
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: n/a
Fiduciary risk management and compliance requires due diligence and ongoing monitoring throughout the life of the relationship. This course provides a foundation in the regulations, bank policies and procedures and relationship management responsibilities that impact fiduciary risk management and compliance.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the difference between risk management and compliance
- Explain the effects of market, operational and reputational risks on fiduciaries
- Describe the federal regulations that provide guiding principles for fiduciaries
- Identify the regulatory agencies responsible for oversight of fiduciary risk management and compliance
- Describe the three lines of defense in fiduciary risk management and compliance
- Identify the responsibilities at each stage of the fiduciary risk management and compliance lifecycle
Audience: Client-facing relationship managers (fiduciary advisors, portfolio managers, bankers, planners) who want to raise their client engagement acumen.