Fraud and Criminal Threats
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Explains how fraud and other criminal threats affect consumers and financial institutions. Describes considerations when assessing the organization’s strength in each pillar of a well-built financial crimes program, and key components of an effective program’s operations.
What You’ll Learn
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of an effective financial crimes program and the risks associated with financial crimes
- Identify the elements of an effective financial crimes program
- Explain the basic four pillars of an effective program and the key aspects of each
- Describe the day-to-day and ongoing operational components of a financial crimes program
- Identify common crimes committed against institutions and effective counter measures
Audience: Risk and internal audit professionals; third-party service providers and state/federal examiners; first-line risk and operations managers with responsibilities for operational risk management, including implementing, managing, monitoring, reporting, auditing and/or supporting an effective operational risk management program, policies and procedures.