Estate Planning Fundamentals
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Explains the estate planning process, the benefits of estate planning, and the issues to consider when developing an estate plan. Describes the various estate planning documents—wills, trust agreements, living wills, and the types of powers of attorney. Explains ways to make gifts to minors and still allow adult control of the property. Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of making lifetime gifts.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the steps in, and inputs to, the estate planning process
- Describe the benefits of estate planning
- Explain issues to consider when developing an estate plan
- Describe the purpose of various estate planning documents
- Describe ways to make gifts to minors that allow adult control of the property
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of making lifetime gifts
Audience: Trust department and other bank staff who are new to the trust business and want to develop a basic working knowledge of trust administration.