Environmental Liabilities of Fiduciaries
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Covers key issues that examine federal and other environmental laws and elements of fiduciary liability. Focuses on using established, written guidelines, documenting the process of due diligence, and being aware of defenses to liability to protect against risk and reduce potential exposure.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify common types of environmental liability exposures
- Describe fiduciary liability under CERCLA and other environmental statutes
- Describe elements of an environmental risk management program
- Identify fiduciary activities related to pre-acceptance due diligence and asset reviews
- Describe legal defenses available to fiduciaries
Audience: Client-facing relationship managers (wealth advisors, fiduciary advisors, portfolio managers, bankers, planners) who want to raise their client engagement acumen.