Engaging with Centers of Influence
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
This course looks at the professionals in the centers of influence community (COI) and how to effectively engage them in order to develop new business.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe COIs and how they assist business professionals to expand their networks
- Identify the different types of COI professional relationships that may match your expertise
- Explain the benefits of focusing on COI perspectives and your positive appeal when communicating your value proposition
- Explore ways to address sensitive issues with referrals to avoid challenges in COI relationships
- Identify the COI strategy, value proposition, and contact arrangement for an actionable COI engagement plan
- Apply tracking and follow up techniques to monitor your engagements and determine which COIs are most effective
Audience: Client-facing relationship managers (fiduciary advisors, portfolio managers, bankers, planners) who want to raise their client engagement acumen.