Engaging in Multigenerational Conversations with Clients
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Provides techniques for effective, frequent conversations with wealth clients which are essential to meaningful relationships. Explains that clients want that communication to span their family tree, connecting with children or extended family members. Covers how to inquire about the client’s interest in having the advisor connect with other family members, what to share and why engaging across generations is mutually beneficial to the client and the advisor.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to handle sensitive topics related to wealth transfer, client concerns and expectations
- Describe the challenges and advantages of framing conversations to use with the wealth creator and family members
- Explore the five steps to initiate a wealth transfer conversation
- Identify the right questions to probe the client for additional thoughts on wealth transfer
- Describe the tips for holding conversations with clients
- Describe effective questions and topics used to probe family members concerning wealth transfer
Audience: Client-facing wealth advisors (fiduciary [trust] advisors, portfolio managers, bankers, planners) with at least one year of wealth management-related experience who want to raise their competency in initiating, facilitating and engaging in sensitive financial conversations across multiple generations.