Determining Your Role in Fraud Prevention
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
A detailed look at mortgage fraud characteristics, the ways individuals or groups perpetrate fraud in a mortgage transaction, and strategies to detect and reduce mortgage fraud for mortgage loan originators (MLOs) and mortgage operations personnel. The course includes an overview of U.S. mortgage fraud statistics, motivators, common fraud schemes and the red flags that may indicate the presence of mortgage fraud throughout the loan process, beginning at the point of application.
Produced by Ellie Mae/ AllRegs®
What You’ll Learn
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify types of mortgage fraud by their key characteristics
- Describe common mortgage fraud schemes
- Explain how to recognize red flags as indicators of mortgage fraud
- List tools that help you prevent fraud
- Describe your role in protecting your company against mortgage fraud
Audience: Lending operations staff, including: Loan Originators, Underwriters, Processors.