Credit Card Regulations for Compliance Professionals
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Obtain a basic understanding of regulations specific to credit card, as well as applicable open-end credit regulations. Learn about the compliance requirements at various stages in the credit card process, along with other institutional concerns that fall outside of the process.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe credit card marketing requirements, including requirements under Regulation Z and Regulation B
- Explain application and solicitation requirements, including requirements for direct mail, electronic, and telephone solicitations
- Describe underwriting and account opening requirements, including verification of customer information requirements under the USA Patriot Act
- Identify account management requirements, including requirements under Regulation Z
- Describe other institutional concerns, including requirements under the Community Reinvestment Act and Right to Financial Privacy Act
Audience: Compliance professionals including compliance managers, officers, and other compliance team members whose primary role is within the compliance function at their financial institution; bank examiners, bank regulators, auditors and lending compliance professionals.