CRE Lending Overview
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
In this course, learners examine the similarities and differences between C&I and CRE lending and the various types of loan requests. This course positions learners to match loan needs and loan types and to understand the link between loans and repayment sources.
Construction Lending is one of the courses in RMA’s Commercial Real Estate Lending Decision Process (CRE-LDP) library.
Produced by the Risk Management Association
After completing this course, students will understand:
- Choose appropriately between C&I and CRE loan types and the analysis framework
- Match loan needs and loan types
- Identify the loan’s purpose and related use of funds
- Identify types of property and collateral
- Identify ultimate repayment source
Audience: Commercial lenders and credit analysts who are not real estate specialists but who need to know more about assessing real estate risk.