Community Reinvestment Act
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Explains how regulators evaluate a bank’s efforts to meet the credit needs of the assessment area(s) it serves, and an overview of the bank examination categories and the ratings regulatory agencies use to define a bank’s performance. Describes the items a bank must keep in a public file.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the primary purpose of the Community Reinvestment Act
- Summarize key points in the development of the Community Reinvestment Act
- Describe the information that must be made available to the public
- Describe the categories for CRA examinations
- Describe the ratings used to report CRA examination results
- Identify performance standards used to determine the Community Reinvestment Act ratings for financial institutions
Audience: Lenders and platform personnel with lending responsibilities.