BSA/AML: CIP Basics
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Describes the two-step process to obtain types of identifying information from customers, and risk-based procedures to verify information. Explains the procedures to maintain records of the information used to verify identifying information. Explores different ways to disclose the CIP notice at account opening.
What You’ll Learn
- Identify what constitutes an account and a customer under the CIP rule
- Examine the actions to be taken in the two-step process of obtaining identifying information and verifying the identity of the customer
- Identify the procedures for maintaining records of the information used to verify a person’s name
- Adhere to established controls and review procedures for reliance on other parties
- Identify methods for handling the CIP notice at account opening
Audience: Any bank staff who establish customer relationships.