A Deeper Dive into Non-Financial Assets
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Provides the unique characteristics of nonfinancial assets, the role they play in a client’s financial life, and the importance of handling the unique risk factors associated with them. Covers methods for both valuing assets and planning to ensure wealth advisors deliver holistic advice and service.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain characteristics of common types of non-financial assets
- Identify legal entities and account types used to hold non-financial assets
- Describe the role of non-financial assets within a client’s overall portfolio
- Recognize and manage risk in non- financial assets
- Explain valuation approaches for non-financial assets
- Describe planning considerations for clients who hold significant positions in non-financial assets
Audience: Client-facing relationship managers (wealth advisors, fiduciary advisors, portfolio managers, bankers, planners) who want to raise their client engagement acumen.