The Banking Industry
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
The Banking Industry is an essential introduction to the business of banking. The course covers the evolution of banking since the 2008 financial crisis, the role of banks in the U.S. economy, and the environment in which banks operate and compete. It provides a look into various banking career tracks to inspire, prepare and motivate new bankers. The course also covers innovations in financial products. (4 weeks)
This course is one of three in ABA’s Banking Fundamentals series that explore the principles of the banking industry. Enroll in one, two or all three courses to further your banking career.
- Describe how banks serve customer needs
- Identify major bank competitors
- Identify regulators, major laws and banking regulations
- Explain how banks meet their financial goals
- Discuss future trends in banking
Audience: Designed for anyone who needs an introduction to banking—whether just starting a career or new to the banking industry.