Managing Funding, Liquidity, and Capital
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
A summary of the bank funding types, liquidity issues and management of capital. Learn what funding is used by banks; how liquidity needs may be addressed by storing liquidity on the balance sheet or by securing additional funding; and bank capital?s purpose, regulatory requirements and the effect on profitability.
- Identify the risk/return characteristics and costs of various funding sources
- Evaluate the effect of various funding sources on interest rate and liquidity risk
- Describe various measures used to manage liquidity
- Recognize the merits of both regulators’ and shareholders’ points of view regarding optimal capital levels
- Prepare a capital management plan
Audience: This course is designed for individuals involved in funding, liquidity, or capital management, or line managers making pricing, investment, or funding decisions that impact these areas.