Analyzing Bank Performance
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
An overview of tools and techniques to analyze and improve a bank’s financial performance. Participants observe the effects of certain kinds of risk on a bank’s financial track record, and the correlation between risk optimization and superior financial performance.
- Use the Uniform Bank Performance Report to analyze a bank’s performance over several periods and against peer banks
- Demonstrate the connection between a consistently high level of financial performance as measured by the Return on Owners’ Equity Ratio and its relationship to credit, liquidity, capital and operational risk for the bank
- Identify the major factors that affect a bank’s financial performance
- Identify key components of non-interest income and expense and explore strategies to improve performance
- Utilize tools such as the Balanced Scorecard to assess and improve financial performance, including functional goal setting and performance evaluation
Audience: This course is designed for junior-level bank officers all the way up through CEOs who need to analyze their bank's performance. Participants should have some basic knowledge of balance sheets and income statements.